Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer in the desert

Ah, it's been a long time since posting. I have some poems I've written but I don't want to try them out on people here until I've gotten them in better shape. I'm a little shy about my writing that way. Until I'm ready to share it, I keep it to myself, in a journal or in a file on the computer so I can work on it and make it what I want it to be. It's somewhat the same with fiction except that I will try to write that all the way through and then go back and edit. Otherwise, I'll get obsessed with what I got wrong and never get past that spot.

It is so hot here that I have a difficult time thinking. Whose brain can work when it's 112 degrees or higher. It doesn't matter that my office, my apartment, and my car have air conditioning. You can feel the heat penetrating through every window everywhere into every pore of your body. I've been home for 3 hours and I'm still uncomfortable.

And I'm preoccupied about what I can do to make money after my job ends. I've never been very comfortable leaping off into the unknown without a way to make a living. It's frightening, I have to admit. There are things I can do now, like promote my grant writing and try to get some small jobs but I feel exhausted when I get home (see the paragraph above regarding heat!) and I also haven't gotten my name out there yet.

Complain, whine, bitch, kvetch. I get sick of hearing myself. Just jump already. Go. Do. Be.

Okay, that's my motto for now: Go. Do. Be.

Next time, more writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment