Thursday, July 21, 2011

Welcome to the post-divorce world

Here it is, the end of a marriage. It actually formally occurred on Feb. 3, 2011 but he just moved out a couple of weeks ago and it seems to have finally sunk in. I don't want to spend any more time thinking about it. It was not a "failure"; we have three gorgeous, intelligent, loving children and I find that I am not unhappy, unlike I was last year when he first told me he wanted a divorce.

Now I want to move on. Not just in the same old groove, but really move on. Join up and become more politically active like I used to be. Do more volunteer work. Do good things for others and be a real role model for my kids. Get back to writing regularly in the evenings, putting in a couple of hours every night on my poetry and fiction. Maybe even getting back to photography to capture something of my dad in my life.

Even though we are in the dead heat of an Arizona desert summer, I feel I am welcoming the burgeoning green growth of spring, the spring of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment