Thursday, March 7, 2013

Food that makes a difference

So, once I got over all the crazy transmittable viruses I seem to have picked up the past few months, I have been feeling amazingly healthy. I love being able to eat fresh food (thanks to the great farmers market near my house on Sat. mornings) and I seem to have cured the arthritis in my hands by not eating dairy.

There's a new book I want to read, Foodopoly, by Wenonah Hauter of Food and Water Watch. I don't have a lot of extra money and I can't find the book in the libraries near me so I'm going to have to wait to read it. If anyone has read this, let me know. Feel free to leave a review. I'll attempt one when I get hold of the book and read it.

I can't wait to see what's new at the farmers market this weekend. My prize last weekend was a bunch of gorgeous rainbow chard. I'm thinking of turnips this weekend; it's supposed to be cool and rainy (cool for Phoenix anyway; about 60 degrees). Some nice roasted veggies like turnips, beets, carrots, onions, sweet potatoes, etc. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment